Missouri Workers Compensation Benefits
Based in St. Louis and Serving the Entire State of Missouri
You do not have to be involved in a terrible accident to claim workers compensation benefits. Your injury could be a severe back strain from lifting a heavy object, a cumulative injury from repetitive tasks or an illness related to chemical exposure.
At the Law Office of James M. Hoffmann, we will always take the time to explain the entire work comp process. We will help clients file the initial claim and represent them at all subsequent hearings. Together, we will work to secure the full benefits you deserve.
What are the benefits for an injured worker through workers compensation?
If you have been injured, it is possible that you are entitled to workers compensation. The laws passed by the state of Missouri require that your employer, or your employer’s insurance company, compensate you or your family for injuries or death that may occur while you are working. You may be entitled to:
- Medical Care Benefits: This benefit includes all costs for authorized medical testing and treatment, prescriptions and medical devices. There are no deductibles or co-pays. (read more)
- Salary Compensation: You may be eligible for temporary wage compensation in the form of a weekly check until the doctor says you are able to return to any form of work and not merely the job you were doing at the time of the accident. You may also be eligible for benefits if you return to work on light duty at less than full pay. (read more)
- Temporary Total Disability: If the treating doctor certifies that you are unable to work, you should be entitled to temporary total disability benefits under the Missouri Workers Compensation Law when you are off work. (read more)
- Permanent Partial Disability: If you are unable to return to work after your injury, you may be entitled to a settlement or payment for your permanent partial disability if you have permanent disability as a result of a covered accident or injury. (read more)
- Permanent Total Disability: If you are permanently and totally disabled from all types of employment, you may qualify for permanent total disability benefits under the Missouri Workers Compensation Law. (read more)
- Missouri Second Injury Fund: The Second Injury Fund is designed to compensate an injured employee when a current work related injury combines with a prior disability to create an increased combined disability. (read more)
- Death Benefits: If the work injury or disease results in death, the workers’ dependents may be entitled to a weekly check. The right to workers compensation death benefits is usually created by state laws and details of the program vary among the states. (read more)
- Third Party Claims: If you are injured on the job, you have an absolute right to workers compensation benefits. Workers Comp will not compensate you fully for your losses. However, you may also be able to get full compensation by pursuing a third party claim – a personal injury claim against someone other than your employer. (read more)
- Social Security Benefits: Seriously injured workers should also consider applying for social security disability insurance or supplemental security income benefits and possibly disability retirement. (read more)
Free Workers Compensation Consultations
Our legal team has a strong history of helping injured workers get the medical attention and financial compensation that they need. Contact our St. Louis, Missouri workers compensation law firm to ensure that your rights are protected. Please call (314) 361-4300 or toll free at (888) 872-6795. You can also complete our Online Case Evaluation Form.
All communications are returned promptly.Google+