There are many different roles in the casino industry, each with their own set of risks.
Many find casinos to be a lot fun, but for anyone working in a casino, there are also many ways in which they can suffer an injury. There are many different roles within the casino industry and all of them have their own set of risks associated with them.
The people who own casinos need to ensure that the guests are safe on their premises, and also their employees. They need to make sure that their employees are not put at undue risk in the course of their work. In such a busy, hectic environment, injuries to casino workers are not uncommon.
Injuries to Casino Workers
Here are some of the most common ways in which casino workers are injured:
- Violent acts – Unfortunately, a casino can be a volatile place for emotions. Sore losers and intoxicated visitors to the casino can cause problems and become aggressive. Additionally, there is a lot of money in a casino, and with the guests. Robberies can occur and employees are always in danger of becoming involved in a potentially dangerous situation.
- Accidents with and in vehicles – Many casinos offer free shuttles from hotels or airports for the use of their guests. There may also be valet parking offered. Driving any vehicle in the course of your job can lead to an accident. Additionally, staff in and around the car parking area can be injured by guests leaving or arriving at the casino.
- Burns – Staff can suffer burns from faulty equipment in the casino.
- Falls and slips – In a casino, food and drink can be spilled, resulting in a slip and fall accident.
- Repetitive strains injuries – Many people working in a casino perform the same duties for many hours, day in and day out. Dealers at the tables, bartenders, waiters and cleaning staff are all at risk of repetitive strain injuries. Long term, these injuries can become increasingly serious and increasingly painful.
St Louis Work Injury Lawyer
If you work in a casino and have suffered an injury at work, then you need to look into claiming workers compensation benefits. At the Law Office of James M. Hoffmann, we will be able to guide you through the process. Workers compensation is often not something you simply file for and receive. Many times you have to take an active role in getting access to your rights. There are many things you need to understand in the process.
Contact a St. Louis Work Comp Lawyer
Our legal team has a strong history of helping injured workers get the medical attention and financial compensation that they need. Contact our St. Louis Work Comp Lawyer to ensure that your rights are protected. Please call (314) 361-4300 or toll free at (888) 872-6795. You can also complete our Online Case Evaluation Form.